The TAFCOP Portal, also known as the Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection Portal, has been developed by the Government of India. Its purpose is to verify Wi-Fi and SIM connections through your Link Aadhaar Card. However, using your Aadhaar card for verification on unsecured portals carries a risk to your personal identity. It is advised to exercise caution when sharing personal information. To safeguard your identity and prevent fraud, enrolling in the TAFCOP Portal 2023 offers the safest solution.
TAFCOP Portal Overview
|Portal Name||TAFCOP Portal|
|Full Form||Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management & Consumer Protection|
|Conducted by||Department of Telecommunication (DOT)|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of India, Telecom Subscribers and TAFCOP Registered Connection|
|Objective||Citizens of India, Telecom Subscribers, and TAFCOP Registered Connection|
Objective of the TAFCOP Portal
The purpose of this Portal is to ensure the exclusive utilization of legitimate mobile connections in India. It aims to combat and prevent illegal activities effectively.
- Mobile phone users can receive assistance by monitoring the number of mobile connections registered under their name. In cases where an excessive number is detected, appropriate solutions are provided to address the issue.
- In the third-person narrative voice, while maintaining a balanced emotional tone and neutral formality, the focus is on providing a clear and concise explanation. The improved version of the sentence is as follows: “Users can conveniently check how many SIM cards are registered under their
- The system will notify users if there are no SIM cards linked to the same ID card. This measure is implemented to combat fraudulent activities.
- The primary goal in India is to eradicate fraudulent or unauthorized mobile connections, which effectively prevents criminals from utilizing these connections.
Required Domains for TAFCOP Portal
In order to check your active SIM status at TAFCOP Portal, you will need the following documents:
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Permanent Resident Certificate
Steps to Check Registered Connection on TAFCOP Consumer Portal 2023
If you’re worried about your Aadhaar number being misused for mobile SIMs, there’s good news! The Indian Government and the Department of Telecommunication have made checking this much easier. Just follow these simple steps:
- Go to the official website: https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in
- On the page, you’ll find two options: “BLOCK YOUR LOST/STOLEN MOBILE” and “KNOW YOUR MOBILE CONNECTIONS.” Choose the one you need.
- If you want to see how many connections are under your name, click on “Know your connections.”
- Enter your mobile number and captcha code, and click “Validate Captcha.”
- You’ll get an OTP on your mobile number, so use a real one.
- Click “Login” after confirming the OTP.
- Your screen will show the mobile numbers linked to your Aadhaar card.
- You can choose to keep or report unnecessary numbers.
Steps to log in on the TAFCOP Portal
To access the TAFCOP Portal 2023, follow these easy steps:
- Visit the official TAFCOP Portal website at https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, click on the “Login” option.
- Users are requested to input their designated user ID and password into the provided fields. It is important to double-check and ensure the accuracy of the entered information.
- Type in the captcha code shown on the screen.
- Finally, click the “Login” button, and you’re finished.
Steps to Check Active SIM Status Online at TAFCOP Portal
To check if your SIM card is active online, you can use the TAFCOP portal. Follow these simple steps to perform the check:
- Go to the official TAFCOP Portal website at https://tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in/
- There are two options to proceed: (i) If you already have an account, click on “Registered User Login” and log in using your phone number and password. (ii) If you don’t have an account, click on “Request OTP.” You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your mobile phone via SMS. Enter this OTP in the designated field and click “validate.”
- To find the status of your request, simply scroll down to the “Request Status” section and enter your Ticket ID Reference number.
- Click “Submit,” and you will see the status displayed on your screen.
Frequently Asked Questions about TAFCOP Portal Login
The official website of the TAFCOP Portal is tafcop.dgtelecom.gov.in
The main purpose of launching the TAFCOP Portal is to help users identify the total number of active mobile connections linked to their aadhar number.