The Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023 is an initiative by the Karnataka State Government towards the families of rural residents or those who are below the poverty line. Under this scheme, every eligible beneficiary will receive 200 free Units of electricity, which means that eligible beneficiaries will not have to pay any money for their monthly electricity consumption. The aim of Gruha Jyothi Yojana is to improve the health and financial condition of underprivileged people living in the state of Karnataka.
Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme
The Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme aims to provide 200 free units of electricity to approx 1.92 Crore Houses of Underprivileged people of Karnataka. This scheme was initiated by the Hon’ble Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on June 2, 2023. To learn more about the Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023, look for the table below.
|Scheme Name||Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana 2023|
|Launched By||State Government of Karnataka & Hon’ble Chief Minister Siddaramaiah|
|Mode of Registration||Online/Offline (Grama One, Karnataka One, Bangalore One centers)|
|Registration Period||June 18 to July 5, 2023|
|Benefits||Free Monthly 200 Units of Electricity to every citizen of Karnataka|
|Total Eligible Beneficiary||2.1 Crore Citizens|
Benefits of Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023
In Karnataka, the Gruha Jyoti Scheme provides residents with a monthly allocation of up to 200 units of free electricity. This benefit is available to all individuals, regardless of their caste or residency status, including tenants and people from other states residing in Karnataka. By participating in this scheme, individuals can reduce their electricity experiences and increase their savings. Since June 20, 2023, around 800,000 individuals have applied for the Gruha Jyothi scheme to access this opportunity for free power provision.
Eligibility Criteria for Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023
In order to receive the benefits of the scheme, the beneficiary must meet the following conditions mentioned below:
- This scheme is applicable to all residential consumers living in the State of Karnataka regardless of their legal citizenship.
- The beneficiary must have a valid electricity connection.
- The monthly electricity consumption should not exceed the limit of 200 Units in order to receive the benefits.
The above-mentioned criteria are released by the official authority (Government of Karnataka). Applicants are advised to keep checking the official portal of Gruha Jyothi for the latest updates at https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/.
Required Documents for Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023
- Customer Account ID
- Registered Mobile Number (Must be linked with aadhar)
- Passport Size Photograph (should not older than last 3 months)
- Aadhar Card
- Electricity Connectin Number and Electricity Bill
- Domicile Cast Certificate (SC, ST & OBC)
Steps to Apply for Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023
To apply for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme, applicants are advised to follow the below-mentioned step-by-step instructions carefully:
- First of all, visit the official website of Seva Sindhu or Bescom. Applicants can apply from any of the portals.
- Go to the registration section and sign up with your details.
- After signing up, you will be redirected to the homepage. Now look for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme under the “Services” Section.
- Click on the Apply Online button & wait for the registration form to be shown.
- Once the form is opened, fill in your details in the respective fields & attach all the documents required by the authorities in order to verify your identity.
- Submit the form and wait for the authorities to review your application. This process can take up to 72 Hours.
Once your application gets approved by the authorities, you will receive additional instructions regarding payment details and electricity connection installation.
FAQs about Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme 2023
All residential consumers within the State of Karnataka are eligible for this scheme regardless of their legal citizenship.
The applicants can apply for the Gruha Jyothi Scheme at sevasindhugs.karnataka.gov.in.
Yes. Citizens can apply through assisted mode also made available at Grama One, Karnataka One, Bangalore One centers.
Through the gruha jyothi scheme, beneficiaries will get total 200 units of free electricity which will be added to your monthly consumption. If you exceed the given limit, you will have to pay full amount of the electricity.