I have symptoms of Corona. What should I do?
If you are experiencing mild symptoms of Corona
If you are experiencing symptoms of Corona, do not panic. Most Corona patients experience mild or very mild symptoms and recover easily at home. If you suspect you may have contracted Corona, you can consult a doctor at the nearest hospital flu clinic or Mohalla clinic. The doctor will prescribe an RT-PCR the test if necessary.
As a precaution, it is advisable to follow Delhi government’s Home Isolation Guidelines. Click on this link to watch the instruction video and download the booklet with relevant guidelines: https://delhifightscorona.in/home-isolation/
If you are experiencing severe symptoms like high fever and breathlessness
If your symptoms are severe and you are short of breath, then you should get yourself hospitalized after consulting with a doctor. Immediate medical attention may be required for patients who already have comorbidities like diabetes, hyper tension, cancer, kidney or liver, or if the patient is pregnant or over 65 years of age. You can also call for ambulance by calling 102.
To find the status of beds in hospitals, download the Delhi Corona App now. Click here — www.bit.do/DelhiCorona
This information is also available on www.delhifightscorona.in/beds
How can you get tested for Corona?
Samples for Corona can be collected by any of Delhi government’s Corona Testing Centers or any authorized private lab. No test can be done without a doctor’s prescription.
Who can get a prescription for a Corona test?
- All symptomatic (ILI symptoms) individuals with a history of international travel in the last 14 days.
- All symptomatic (ILI symptoms) contacts of laboratory-confirmed cases.
- All symptomatic (ILI symptoms) health care workers/frontline workers involved in containment and mitigation of Corona.
- All patients of Severe Acute Respiratory Infection (SARI).
- Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of a confirmed case to be tested once between day 5 and day 10 of coming into contact.
- All symptomatic ILI within hotspots/containment zones.
- All hospitalized patients who develop ILI symptoms.
- All symptomatic ILI among returnees and migrants within 7 days of illness.
- No emergency procedure (including deliveries) should be delayed for lack of test. However, sample can be sent for testing if indicated as above (1-8), simultaneously.
Click each location name to open it on Google Maps —
- Central District
- East District
- North District
- Shrine Hospital, Main Bawana Road, Sector 17, Rohini (connected with MVH Hospital)
- North West District
- Shahdara District
- South District
- South West District
- West District
This is a list of all the Private Labs that are testing patients for COVID-19
- Lal Path Labs, Block -E, Sector 18, Rohini, Delhi
- Dr Dangs Lab, C-2/1, Safadarjung Development Area, NewDelhi
- Laboratory Services, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi
- Max Lab, Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket, New-Delhi
- Oncquest Labs Ltd, 3-Factory Road, New-Delhi
- Lifeline Laboratory, H-11, Green Park Extension, New-Delhi
- Dr. B.L. Kapur Memorial Hospital, 5, Pusa Road, New-Delhi
- Action Cancer Hospital, A-4, Paschim Vihar (East), New-Delhi
- Genestrings Diagnostic Centre Pvt Ltd, 3, MMTC, Geetanjali Enclave, New Delhi
- Sterling Accuris Diagnostics, C-65, Block C, Phase I, Okhla, New Delhi