Delhi Metro services to be regulated this Monday i.e, 23rd March 2020
On this Monday (i.e, on 23rd March 2020) Delhi Metro service will be available as per timings detailed below:-
- Services from 6:00 AM to 8:00 AM: Metro train services will start from 6 AM across originating stations of all Lines and will be available at a frequency of 20 minutes till 8 AM.
During this period, only people involved in essential services like hospitals, fire, electricity, police etc. will be allowed to enter Metro stations on the production of their identification cards to security personnel.
- Services from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM: During this period, trains will be available at a normal frequency as used to be available every Monday.
During this period general public can also travel and no identification will be required at the time of entry.
- Services from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM: * There will be *NO METRO SERVICE during this period. However, all the trains which started at 10 AM from originating stations of all Lines will continue to run till they reach their destination stations.
- Services from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM:-Metro services will again resume from 4:00 PM from all Lines and will continue till 8:00 PM with a normal frequency for general public.
- Services from 8:00 PM onwards:- There will be NO METRO SERVICE from 8:00 PM onwards on any of the Lines. However, the last train service starting at 8:00 PM from originating station will continue to run till it reaches its destination.
PARKING at the Metro stations will also remain CLOSED on Monday
The objective of this staggered Metro services plan on Monday is aimed at facilitating all stakeholders with effectiveness and to promote ‘social distancing’ which is very much required to contain spread of Corona virus.
In first couple of Hours ( 6 AM to 8 AM), DMRC’s priority is to ensure that the people involved in providing the essential services, as notified by the Government, reach their destinations with ease while maintaining norms of ‘social distancing’ in Metro premises.
In next two hours (8AM to 10 AM), the objective is to facilitate people for whom it is essential and unavoidable to go their destinations. DMRC again appeals and advises general public not to panic and stay at home and use the Metro only when it is really essential and unavoidable.
In the prevalent scenario where authorities have shut malls, restaurants, major markets etc. to prevent spread of the virus, it is responsibility of our passengers also to co-operate with DMRC and help fight Coronavirus collectively.
These modified Metro services are applicable for this Monday only. If there is any further requirement to continue the same pattern in the larger public interest, the same shall be informed accordingly.